- Pick-up and drop off services are offered only to visitors; UAE residents will be welcomed directly at the DDCR Margham Gate
- Professional briefing at the entry to the desert
- 75-minute self-drive wildlife safari through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve
- Snacks and water
- Bathroom facilities on site
- Dinner package (set menu with options for beef, chicken, lamb or vegetarian meals). Click here to view the menu.
- A valid UAE driving license or international driving license and the credit card used for booking are to be presented to the guide at the time of pick-up for the experience. Please note that failure to present these documents will mean that the experience will be guided (vehicle operation and safari conducted by guide) rather than self-drive.
- Closed-toe shoes to be worn at all times by all participants.
Terms & Conditions
- Participants will sign a disclaimer and waiver of liability for the organiser in case of any accidents, injuries or death occurring during the experience. Click here to view.
- Drivers must be at least 21 years of age.
- In the event that damage is caused to the vehicle by the booking party, AED5,000 will be charged to the credit card used for booking, which is the excess applicable for insurance.
- Failure to follow instructions and abide by the rules of the reserve may result in the experience being suspended. A guide will assume control of the vehicle and may decide to proceed or return participants to their point of collection.
- Food and beverages may not be consumed within the vehicles except for water provided as part of the experience. Snacks and other beverages are available at Sherpa Camp.
- The consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited during our experience and Sand Sherpa reserves the right not to allow our vehicles to be operated by those suspected to be under the influence.
- A minimum of three individual bookings is required for the experience to take place.
- The experience begins with collection at your designated collection point.
- No pets are allowed to be carried within vehicles.
- All vehicles should be standard as per the manufacturer or the organiser be advised of modifications that may affect the vehicle's behaviour off-road.
- The organiser reserves the right to refuse participation in the event if the participant is deemed to be unprepared or is not cooperative with instruction and/or feedback.
- Participants accept that driving off-road can be dangerous and that vehicles and their occupants are at risk when participating in desert experiences.
- Safety is paramount and customers may choose whether or not to follow in the path of the lead vehicle.
- Adherence to speed limits in the reserve is mandatory.
- Convoy and tracks to be followed at all times.
- Smoking is prohibited inside our vehicles.
- Sand Sherpa reserves the right to reassign the date of the experience due to inclement weather.
- Bookings, once processed, cannot be cancelled.
- Experience dates can be amended by getting in touch with our team at least 72 hours before the booking.
- No refund will be made in case of cancellations or no-shows.
The allocated credit card will be blocked with the total amount of your booking while the booking request is confirmed with the Supplier and will only be charged upon successful confirmation.
No results were foundPlease amend your search for our recommendations